Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Soaking Up the Scenery

Although I am a city girl, I have found living in the country offers a sense of peace you can't find in town. Don't get me wrong, I have a soft spot for hearing traffic, people, animals, and a general sense of life when inside city limits, but sometimes the sound of nothing brings me a sense of peace. Maybe it's because I now chase two kids all day long. Call me crazy but kids seem to have a way of making one fight for every second of quiet that they can get.

And then, in the middle of the quiet moment I was taking for my own personal sanity, I captured the most beautiful moment. A moment of my daughter playing with my husband. The contentment that comes with knowing that while one child is safely playing with your spouse, the other is tucked in their bed taking a nap is overwhelming. It brings peace to my soul.


Sometimes, I just get lucky enough to capture these said moments. I tuck these minutes away as reminders of how beautiful life can be, in the country, surrounded by the sounds that only a toddler child can make. A sound of my family that I have created.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts