Saturday, January 30, 2016

A Quick Recap of Our Week

This has been a hard week for me in so many ways. I don't even know where to begin. Our toddler has had many accidents recently, despite going months with no potty accidents. I think she's sick but can't quite decide what she has (a cold, an ear infection, something viral). Maybe she's just growing. It's really hard to know.

Payton also decided to take a nose dive out of her brother's crib this week while her father was getting her ready for bed. He was sent into a panic thinking he was going to have to take her to the ER for a broken leg. Luckily, that wasn't the case but she is bruised badly and has been sore.

As I watch Payton growing so much cognitively, I can't help but feel so sad about how my baby really isn't much of a baby any more. How does time go so fast? Why can't we go back and restart?

Along with mentally struggling this week, Riley decided to spend a bit more time awake at night. I also added to this problem by going to bed later at night than normal. I feel physically exhausted and mentally drained. Thank goodness it's the weekend.

Despite all of this, I still have so much to be thankful for and appreciative of:


These are the moments that make life so worth while. A good laugh at snack time, a snowflake party complete with fairy wings, a sleeping baby, finding a stick that reaches "high up to the sky," a happy baby, a cuddly toddler, and outside play. These events lifted my spirits this week and reminded me of the greater purpose I'm serving.

And, in case you're wondering, yes, that wild, curly hair absolutely matches her personality! Isn't it gorgeous though?

Have a great Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts