Thursday, December 19, 2013

'Tis the Season to Give

Having a child really made me think a lot about the meaning of Christmas this year. With the popular Elf on the Shelf, I have also thought a lot about tradition, more specifically, the traditions I want my daughter to grow up with.

I want her to have a giving heart. To meet this goal, I have to start with myself. It isn't enough to tell your kids what you expect of them, you must lead by example.  My grandma gave me a wonderful opportunity to give this year. She gave me 2 quilts:
... and an experience I will never forget.

The Giving Quilts

My grandmother asked that we give a quilt to 2 people or families that were in need. Although my family is very blessed this season with our health, being together, and able to give presents, not all families are in this situation. We never know when we may struggle as a family either.

So, we have given a quilt to 2 families. One is struggling financially and dealing with a recent death of a loved one, the other dealing with a recent diagnosis of cancer and the financial burden of treatment.
From this experience, I appreciate the blessings in my own life more. I also appreciate that I am able to give this holiday season.

What do you do to give back?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts